Right now my only photo-capturing device that I own is my iPhone. And it does a crappy job at it.
I think I would be a really spectacular amateur photog with the right equipment. I mean, I already have a Mac. I could process pics with the software I've already got installed. So all I really need is a camera, et voila!
So... what kind of camera should I start with?
I can't stand how normal compact little digital cameras have such a slow shutter speed response time. It's like you miss the shot once you try to take it. I want a camera where I can hold down the button and it take like 4 shots per second until I am satisfied. That way I can get all the action WHEN it happens.
I also want a camera with a good timer, so I can prep pics and then jump in them myself :) Oh and something small. And durable.
This is what I came up with:

The Nikon D3000.
Sure, it costs about what my monthly rent is. Which is why I don't already own it. But, at least I know which one I would want, should I ever decide to buy a camera. I actually tested this exact camera when I was at Laura's lakehouse in July. I used to to catch amazing pics of friends tubing and was impressed at the clarity and the shutter speed! It actually caught the people IN the air instead of once they landed back down in the water!
So... maybe I should start a letter to Santa...

No comments:
Post a Comment