Background


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Old Soul

A couple weeks ago, it was late on a Sunday afternoon, and I was working at the US National Whitewater Center like I always do on weekends... and it was slow, and I was chilling on the top of the Climb2Zip, wating for customers. Since it was slow, I grabbed my iPhone, and started playing my Pandora radio from my phone. It played a little Sinatra, a little Michael Buble... and then I got called OLD.

Yep, that is right, at the ripe age of 24 (hey, I've been through a lot already at age 24) but still, I was called OLD.

[Aside: I have a morbid fear of aging and what comes with it. I don't want to get old, to lose family members, to pass stages of life and never return to them, to have regrets that I didn't live my life a certain way, etc. Thus, I am not ready to be called OLD.]

So I balked at being called OLD. I pretty much retorted by saying, What the F, and my accuser said, "well, you're not OLD. You have an old soul." An old soul? What does that mean? So I kinda let it go, but I've been thinking about it more and more lately. What defines an old soul? Why am I an old soul? So here's why I think I fit that list. I may or may not be right.

-I love to read books
-I love classical music
-I also love jazz
-I try to live a Christian life
-I rarely drink alcohol
-I don't really party (I am a great DD)
-I don't do drugs
-My idea of a nice night is curling up watching TV with pizza, or a date out to Texas Roadhouse.
-I HAVE to get 9 hours of sleep a night or I am a sourpuss
-I am a stickler for rules. Even if the rule is inane, I still have to follow it because it's a rule.
-I hate making mistakes
-I tend to dislike trends like low-cut jeans or facial piercings or crazy haircuts.
-I value education and intelligence


Hey, if I am an old soul, I guess that's ok. Just as long as I am not OLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment