Background


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Mid-Summers Night's Goals

I like to make lofty goals for myself. I always heard the phrase, "shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." (Smart-aleck Christen here: isn't landing among stars better than the moon? I mean... they're farther away... )

Since we are rapidly approaching the halfway point of 2010, I have been reflecting on what I have learned this year and have made some goals for myself for the remaining portion of the annum.

What I have learned:

-Who truly loves me and what it's like to be the center of someone's universe.

-That I might not like accounting as much as I thought.

-That I have problems eating healthily and need to learn to say no to ice cream. It's not sane to eat Ben & Jerry's every day.

-Patience. Humility.

-I am trying to learn NOT to care what others think of me. This is hard.

-That I miss Atlanta but can call anywhere home.

-That siberian huskies can escape from ANYWHERE.

- Working at the Whitewater Center taught me that a job you love is infinitely more valuable than a high-paying job. Your life can be rich in experience rather than money.

-That I have a book-buying problem and need to discover the library.

Goals for the rest of 2010:

-Learn to freaking eat healthy.

-Start swimming again. At least once a week.

-Become an Operation Bootcamp instructor.

-Take both voice and piano lessons. Buy a used keyboard or piano.

-Audition for the Charlotte Symphony Choir and/or for a muscial production.

-Go to yoga more and work on my flexibility.

-Send a V5 boulder problem and lead a 5.12 route.

-Perform an aerial dance routine on the aerial silks.

-Continue my ballet/pointe training

-Read the stack of books on my nightstand.

-Plant ANYTHING in the yard. Learn to garden/hedge/weed/take care of a yard.

-Travel to the Rockies while it's warm to go climbing/rafting.

-Get my blonde hair back.

No comments:

Post a Comment