Background


Thursday, March 15, 2012

In God We Trust

I haven't written in a while... means I've been busy with life, work, etc. I suppose that's a good sign!

God has really been working in my life the last couple of weeks and has shown me how to calm the heck down. I am a self-proclaimed worry wart, which does nothing for you except cause stress-induced health issues. I worry about my job, my car, my family, my friends, my cat, my outfit, my appearance, what I am doing with myself, what others think of me, am I doing the right thing, etc blah blah.

But with the help and encouragement of some good friends, I've been able to slooooow down and just adapt a more laissez-faire attitude about everything.  I've noticed the change everywhere: I'm more productive at work. My workouts are much more efficient. My skin and nails and hair look healthier. I sleep less, but wake up refreshed. Oddly enough, I have been, in fact, busier than normal, but am just less stressed out.

Honestly... it's amazing.

For everyone else out there who is a type-A, OCD control-freak like myself,  it's wonderful to be able to "Let go, and let God." I think I somehow felt like I could control my life better than God could (O, how prideful of me!). So, for your reference and mine, here are some reasons to trust in God and live a stress-free life:



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
"...we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You." 2 Chronicles 20:12

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, and whose hope is the LORD." Jeremiah 17:7

"Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust." Psalm 16:1

"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid." Isaiah 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment