Hmmm... Today is a thoughtful Thursday. And I have nothing about which to write.
But, I DID find out today that they're making The Great Gatsby (one of my top 5 favorite books) into a movie to be released in 2012. I am stoked. AND, they cast Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby, which I think is a most fabulous choice.
So, today's post: actors whom I really enjoy their work!
A) Leonardo DiCaprio
Did you really think I wouldn't list him after getting so excited about his casting in Gatsby? Now don't get me wrong, he didn't make this list because I was a screaming 13 year old when Titanic came out (ok ok, I WAS, forgive me). But if you look at his career, starting as a guest actor on Growing Pains, and then his debuts in Romeo + Juliet and Titanic; he's grown from teen heartthrob to versatile main-man. I mean, look at The Aviator, Catch Me If You Can, Blood Diamond, the Departed, Inception... seriously. This man can do anything.
B) Matt Damon
Yeah I know, I can't say his name without the Team America retarded accent, either. But I have a lot of respect for Hollywood stars with brains and a sense of humor. Matt Damon is one of them. Harvard-educated, a successful screenplay writer, English major, etc etc. Little known fact: he had four daughters, all with very Italian names (Alexia, Isabella, Gia and Stella). Matt Damon has had a versatile career too, from lending his voice to animated movies like Titan AE and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron, to his role in Dogma and then dramatic performances such as Saving Private Ryan. He's gained muscle for The Bourne Trilogy, he fattened up for both Stuck on You and The Informant!, shaved his head for The Brothers Grimm, lost 30 pounds and learned piano for The Talented Mr. Ripley... oh, and will even let Sarah Silverman make viral YouTube videos about him.
C) Gerard Butler
Ok, I will admit, I have a massive crush on Gerard Butler. It must be the Scottish accent/ability to sing/amazing body combo that does it. Oh, and did anyone mention that he went to law school?! Yep. And was lead singer for a band whilst pursuing said degree. If someone can be both the king in 300 AND the Phantom of the Opera... well shoot. That's pretty darn awesome.
D) Christian Bale
Entertainment Weekly dubbed him as one of the "Most Creative People in Entertainment" and I agree. I was introduced to CB as a child--he was the star of my favorite Disney musical, The Newsies. Yes, that's right, Christian Bale can sing and dance. What impresses me are his chameleon-like changes for each role he plays, the most impressive part being his ear for accents--he's Welsh but can produce Brooklyn/Southern/Philly like a native. He dropped a whopping 63 lbs for his role in The Machinist (that is INSANE). Oh yeah, and he's Batman. Let's be serious, Disney musicals and Batman. I'm sold.
E) James Marsden
Once a GAP and Versace model, he then showed the world he can sing in productions of Hairspray and Enchanted. In case you didn't notice a trend, I appreciate the actors who sing. And the actors in comic-based movies too. Of which James Marsden still fits the mold: he played Cyclops in X-Men. I'd love to see him in more films.

No comments:
Post a Comment