Background


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Five People You Meet

Have you ever been asked if you could go back and meet anyone, who would it be and why? Here's my list of people:

1) C.S. Lewis. I would pick that man's brain like no other. First of all, his mind was so extraordinarily creative. I have always been a "dreamer," you know, the one with her nose stuck in a book about fairy tales and far off places, daring swordfights, magic spells, and princes in disguise. And anyone who could have thought up the Narnia series is a winner in my book, ESPECIALLY considering the religious allegory placed in the text. Which brings me to my second point in that he, being one of the foremost Christian apologists to have ever existed, would still be someone I would wish to ask questions.

2) Adolf Hitler. Yeah I know this one is weird but I am fascinated by WWII History. I think I'd like to sit down and figure out what on earth was going on in his head. I suppose that makes me a little odd for wanting to psychoanalyze Hitler, but, hey. I think it would be interesting.

3) Paul Newman. He's my hero. Why? Because he was an actor, a pilot, a racecar driver, and a philanthropist. And he was kinda dreamy way back when. He's pretty much one of the most accomplished people ever, was a good 'ol Georgia boy, and made a lasting name for himself in many arenas. Seriously, I hope to one day be so accomplished.

4) Ayn Rand. She's my favorite author. I admit I wonder what she was like in person. I bet she was very stoic.

5) Julie Andrews. I'd want to meet her because of her vocal ability as well as her capabilities as an authoress. I think growing up, everyone who watched the Sound of Music wanted Julie Andrews to be their governess. I sure did. I wanted her to sing to me and tell me stories... I still do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment