Background


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

short-term to-do list

In the name of promoting knowledge and adventure, I have created a short-term to do list. These are things I want to start/attempt/complete in the next couple of months:


1) Learn Arabic and German. I have a knack for languages and if I can get my hands on some Rosetta Stone materials, I should be good to go! :)

2) Save up big time for my trip to Kilimanjaro. Actually set a date for Kilimanjaro trip.

3) Start reading the news. Subscribe to one/some/all of: the Wall Street Journal, The Economist, and the New York Times.

4) Mountain bike more. Try for at least once a week. And graduate to a hard tail from a full-suspension.

5) Keep studying one country per week and writing my blog entries about what I've learned.

6) Here's a big one: No playing any games that aren't educational. No more Angry Birds. I am going to stick to geography/math/mind games that work the brain and don't involve killing green pigs or trying to make it to Oregon.

7) Learn the names of the capitols of EVERY COUNTRY. Yep, I said it. EVERY. COUNTRY. I am counting on you, as my friends, to quiz me on this one.

8) Read one book in french. Like Harry Potter. Something easy--I don't know if I am up to plowing through Madame Bovary in a foreign language.

9) Stop biting my nails.

10) Be a little more crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment